Domain Registrations,Emails & Hosting
Domains, Emails & Hostings
What are domain names?
Internet users are able to find your site by your domain name, or web address. Put simply, it works like this:
- Your web server, like all computers connected to the internet, has an IP address (eg. ‘220.127.116.11′)
- When you buy a domain name (e.g. ‘redbax.com.au’) you direct it to the IP address of your web server – a bit like redirecting your mail to a PO Box
- When a visitor asks for your domain, they are sent to the IP address of the web server, which then points them to your website files.
- Website Designers Adelaide – Redbax Website Design provide Domain Name services include Domain Name Registration, Domain Name Renewal and Domain Name Transfer
- Domain Name Registration:
- Registering a domain name is a quick and easy process that can be completed within 24Hrs.
Your email address is important.
We often get potential clients asking us why they should move from their Hotmail or Bigpond email address to an email address @theirbusiness.com.au.
The answer is simple – professionalism. You might not think it is important but your potential clients will judge you if they receive an email from an ISP email address like Bigpond or a free email address like Gmail or Hotmail. A professional email address says to the receiver that you are a serious business.
Another important benefit of a professional email address is that you are less likely to be caught by spam and junk mail filters. This is very important if you are emailing new business prospects who do not have your email address.
Setting up an email address with Redbax is easy. All you need is a domain name and we’ll have you setup with a new email account in no time.
A web hosting service is a type of Internet hosting service that allows individuals and organisations to make their website accessible via the World Wide Web.
When looking for a website hosting provider be sure to find out exactly what is included in the price. For example, a lower-priced package might sound great, but will you have to pay extra for additional email addresses, or website forms? How reliable is the service? Is it hosted in the USA with slow access speeds in Australia, and little or no support?
Our hosting servers are in Adelaide, which means they are running on local time, and are faster to access than the cheap US-based ones. Our dedicated servers have a guaranteed up time of 99.9%, and are managed by Renton Solutions, an established hosting company of many years. We’ve enjoyed Renton Solutions prompt response to requests and support for several years, and we can confidently pass on the peace of mind that quality hosting brings.